Connecting pneumatic tubing with the Soft Robot

For posts about your own soft robot designs. Look here for Super-Releaser official releases, robot downloads, and details on specific designs.
zaryab94
Connecting pneumatic tubing with the Soft Robot

Post by zaryab94 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:23 pm

I have some problem connecting the pneumatic tubing to my robot.
After fabrication, when I try to inflate my structure, the tube always comes out. Can you suggest any solution to that ?

Gianteye
Site Admin

Re: Connecting pneumatic tubing with the Soft Robot

Post by Gianteye » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:08 pm

Howdy! This is one of the persistent, frustrating problems with inflating squishy actuators. Could you describe the method you're currently using to connect the tubing to your robot?

You might also find this video on soft robot adapters by XYZAidan helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bcgIzC ... l=XYZAidan
Work stuff - Super-Releaser
Personal Stuff - HAR.MS

zaryab94

Post by zaryab94 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:37 pm

This video seems quite helpful for connecting pneumatic tubing to soft structures.

Thanks !

zaryab94

Post by zaryab94 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:42 pm

The design in the video cannot be applied to my soft robot. I have made a soft structure I want to do some experimentation on it. I would be inflating and deflating it multiple times during experimentation.
It would be great if you guide me in the right direction on how to set up the pneumatic system for the experimentation on my structure. For e.g. What compressor to use ? What valves ? What tubing size? Some other parameters to consider.

Harrison Young

Post by Harrison Young » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:45 am

To bond the tubing to your robot try using silicone tubing and a bonding agent such as Sil-Poxy.

Roystone

Post by Roystone » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:07 pm

Great tip!
Hey pal, do you want to where to play lord of the ocean777? Know what, it's simple. Thast site provides the slots for everyone, that's why it's possible to win there daily.