Soft Robotics Electronics Module

For posts about your own soft robot designs. Look here for Super-Releaser official releases, robot downloads, and details on specific designs.
XYZAidan
Soft Robotics Electronics Module

Post by XYZAidan » Sun May 10, 2015 10:59 pm

Hi,
This is a project I've been working on for a month or so. I was getting annoyed with testing and demonstrating my soft robotics actuators with syringes, so I built a portable, compact, simple solution to controlling pneumatic actuators. It's called the Soft Robotics Electronics Module. You can see a bunch of pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/ZyiME. It consists of an Arduino Micro connected to an L293D motor driver which is in turn connected to two pumps and two solenoid valves. This allows for two independent air paths. It is powered by a 9-volt battery. Almost any pneumatic actuator can be controlled using the SREM. I'm even experimenting with combining sensors along with soft robots. In the future I'd like to strap this device to a Glaucus and try and make an untethered Glaucus :D

Gianteye
Site Admin

Re: Soft Robotics Electronics Module

Post by Gianteye » Tue May 12, 2015 3:52 pm

Great work! Seeing an untethered Glaucus in the wild would be amazing.

Any chance of uploading the design/schematics to Thingiverse or similar so other folks can use it on their own soft robotics projects?
Work stuff - Super-Releaser
Personal Stuff - HAR.MS

XYZAidan

Post by XYZAidan » Fri May 15, 2015 11:04 am

Right now I'm entering it in the Soft Robotics Toolkit. Once that's done, I'll be uploading it to Thingiverse, Youmagine, and maybe some other places.

aerugo

Post by aerugo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:14 pm

How has this developed? Have you tried strapping it to a Glaucus yet? Perhaps in a carriage on wheels behind it? Did you ever make the schematics available?

reFlex

Post by reFlex » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:34 am

Hi, I'm new on this forum wich I find pretty awsome.

Your project is really necessary: Can you upload some kind of schematics with Arduino, pump and valves Please
It would be great.

Best regards
reFlex
void reFlex() {
evolutionIsLife;
}